Maryland Plans LTC Hearing in April
On April 28th, 2016 the Maryland Insurance Commissioner, Al Redmer, Jr., will conduct a public hearing to discuss items of interest to any current or potential policyholder in Maryland. Topics of discussion will include:
- Discussion on regulatory items including premium increases.
- The future of long term care insurance as a way to fund care costs.
- Steps that are being taken to prevent and lessen the possibility of future rate increases
- What are some of the causes of long term care insurance premium increase?
- The state of Maryland has a 15% premium increase cap, what are some positives and negatives of this approach?